Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Continuing the GAME plan

Once a GAME plan is put into motion, there are many other factors that need to be considered. Resources, information, and a self-check system need to be carefully examined in order for the plan to work successfuly. After reviewing my plan, there are multiple factors that need to be addressed.

To begin, the intended learning strategy that I plan to use is “providing opportunities to practice skills with various levels of support and provide ongoing, relevant feedback” (Cennamo, Ross, & Ertmer, 2009, p. 123). To complete this, I will need my colleagues from varying levels, K-12, to aid me in presenting material that fits their needs. I will need to meet with them on a regular basis before I present material to them during our regularly scheduled professional development. Through these meetings, I can receive feedback regarding my presentation and what is essential for their development. I will then need to modify my instruction accordingly, so that their needs are being met (Laureate, 2009).

To continue my GAME plan, I need to first understand what needs exist for my colleagues. In other words, I need to find out what technology skills they currently have, and what skills they want to acquire. Then I need to find out what technology is available to them, otherwise my information will prove useless. I want to make sure that the information I am providing proves beneficial.

At this point, I have cleared my plan with my superintendent so I can begin preparing myself for next year. I have also contacted some of my colleagues to gage their interest in what I have to offer.

References

Cennamo, K., Ross, J. & Ertmer, P. (2009). Technology integration for meaningful classroom use: A standards-based approach. (Laureate Education, Inc., Custom ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.

Laureate Education, Inc. (Executive Producer). (2009). Meeting students needs with technology part I. Integrating technology across the content areas. Baltimore: Author

No comments:

Post a Comment